Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence

Home /  Post Conviction /  Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence

Is A ‘Motion To Correct Illegal Sentence’ An Option For You?

Laws are constantly changing. As legislators update our statutes, sentences that were passed on criminal defendants also change. When new laws conflict with the sentence that an individual is serving, a “Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence” may be filed.

This motion notifies the court that a review of the individual’s sentence is warranted. The judge may grant the individual a hearing, or the judge may adjust the sentence so that it comes into compliance with new laws.
Success at these hearings requires skillful research, insightful legal arguments, and a dedicated team. At Longman Jakuback, we have a formidable record with these motions, and we are prepared to assist you if you believe you are being held on an illegal sentence.

Request A Free Consultation

Our attorneys have offices in Baton Rouge and serve clients throughout Louisiana. For a free and confidential consultation, please call Longman Jakuback at 225-383-3644 or complete our contact form. We are a team of dedicated, effective advocates for Louisiana’s accused, marginalized, and imprisoned.


A Consultation

Fields Marked With An “*” Are Required

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Don’t Wait. Contact Our Louisiana
Attorneys Today.

Call- 225-383-3644