- Senior Associate Attorney
Richard Sprinkle chose to pursue a legal career in order to help others solve problems. He now holds the title of Senior Associate Attorney at Longman Jakuback, and spearheads the civil division of the firm.
Mr. Sprinkle attended the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, where he was a winner of the Robert L. Tullis Moot Court Competition, and served as the Vice President of Judicial Relations for the school's moot court board. During his time at the Law Center, Richard was invited to represent the school in multiple trial and appellate competitions across the country.
While in law school, Richard served as a judicial extern with the Honorable Judge Marabella of the 19th Judicial District, worked as a clerk with the East Baton Rouge Public Defender's office, and as a Special Assistant District Attorney within the East Baton Rouge District Attorney's office. The courtroom experience Richard received prior to graduation ultimately led him to his work in criminal and civil litigation, and he joined the firm of Hymel Davis & Petersen in 2017.
Before law school, Mr. Sprinkle earned a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy, graduating magna cum laude from the University of New Orleans.
After high school, Richard served in the United States Marine Corps. While in the service, he participated in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm in the Persian Gulf. Mr. Sprinkle was the recipient of various awards including the Combat Action Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal, Kuwait Liberation Medal, Naval Unit Citation and a Commanding General's Certificate of Commendation.
Between his time in the Marines and college, Richard worked in the computer industry, as well as film and television.
- Criminal Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Civil Defense
- Litigation & Appeals
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. / D.C.L.
- Honors: Robert L. Tullis Moot Court Competition, Winner
- Honors: Vice President of Judicial Relations for the Moot Court Board
- University of New Orleans
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Philosophy
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- National Association for Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Louisiana Association for Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Combat Action Ribbon
- Good Conduct Medal
- Kuwait Liberation Medal
- Naval Unit Citation
- Commanding General's Certificate of Commendation
- Honorable Judge Marabella of the 19th Judicial District, Judicial Extern
- East Baton Rouge Public Defender’s office, Clerk
- East Baton Rouge District Attorney’s Office, Special Assistant District Attorney
- United States Marine Corps